<<< BACK to previous page

Wales - Coal Oil

Flint & area

    Oil Works & Refineries
    Oil Companies

South Wales

 

 

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Beyond Scotland > Wales and vicinity > Coppa Park (Green's) oil works

Coppa Park (Green's) oil works

Location unclear, show in map
Former parish and county Buckley, Mold
Current local authority area Flint
Opened c.1863
Closed c.1865
Ownership history Thomas Green & Co.
Current status of site Wood and parkland ?

The works of Thomas Green at Padeswood, were included in the 1865 coal commission list but not the 1868 Slater's trade directory. In March 1865, the London Standard carried a sales advertisment for the works; "known as Green and Co.'s Mineral Oil Works, Coppa Park, occupying an area of a statute acre. Lease of the site had been taken out in June 1863

The location of Greens works is uncertain; they were certainly a separate operation from the Coppa Colliery Oil Works. It seems possible that the site of Green's oil works were subsumed into the Coppa Oil Works of the Coppa Oil Co. Ltd.

Maps

Ordnance Survey maps reproduced by kind permission of the Trustees of the National Library of Scotland.

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.