<<< BACK to previous page

Wales - Coal Oil

Flint & area

    Oil Works & Refineries
    Oil Companies

South Wales



A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Beyond Scotland > Wales and vicinity > Welsh Coal & Mineral Oil Co. Ltd

Welsh Coal & Mineral Oil Co. Ltd

Constitution Limited company
Company number not known
Share capital £100,000
Date of Incorporation 1866
Date of Dissolution 1880
Registered Office 31 North John St., Liverpool (in 1870)
Property Oak Pits Oil Works

The company is listed under oil manufacturers in Slater's trade directory of 1868, however it appears that the company's principal business was coal mining, producing Welsh Main and House coals. There is little evidence that they produced oil in any quantity.



In the High Court of Justice, Chancery Division, before the Master of the Rolls in re Oak Pits Colliery Company Limited. This was a petition by John Stretch for the winding-up of the company. The Company was registered under the name of the Welsh Coal and Mineral Oil Company, on the 10th March, 1866. The objects of the company were for the smelting of lead, zinc and other ores, and for the purchase of Broncoed and Glanrafon Collieries, situated near Mold, in the County of Flint. The nominal capital of the company is £100,000, divided into 20,000 shares of £5 each. On the 17th January 1873, the Welsh Coal and Mineral Oil Company, with the approval of the Board of Trade, changed its name to The Oak Pits Colliery Company Limited...... The company by reason of its insolvency has ceased to carry on business

The Wrexham Advertiser, 21st February 1880



































































creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.