<<< BACK to previous page

Oil Companies

 

 

Navigation

 

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Companies & Works > Scottish Oil Companies > Uphall Mineral Oil Co.

Uphall Mineral Oil Co.

Constitution Copartnership
Date of Incorporation c.1866
Date of Dissolution Partnership dissolved on 1st May 1871 on formation of the Uphall Mineral Oil Company Ltd)
Office Operations based at Uphall
Oil works Uphall oil works

A partnership between local landowner Peter McLaggan , who had established a small oil works at Stankyards, Uphall, Edward Meldrum, previously a partner of James Young and Edward Binnie in the operation of Bathgate chemical works, and Benhar coalmaster George Simpson. Meldrum and Simpson, trading as firm of Edward Meldrum & Co., were at that time proprietors of the Boghall oil works.

The partnership attended to the development of Uphall oil works until 1871, when the Uphall Mineral Oil Co. Ltd was formed to take forward the partner's various oil interests.

Partners

Property

References

THE Copartnery heretofore existing under the Name or Firm of THE UPHALL MINERAL OIL COMPANY,trading as Manufacturers of Mineral Oil at Uphall, of which the Subscribers were the sole Partners,was DISSOLVED on the 1st day of May 1871, when the Business and Works of the Company were transferred to the Uphall Mineral Oil Company (Limited).

PETER M'LAGAN.

(JOSHUA FIELDEN, (Witness). ARCHD. ORR EWING, (Witness) - Witnesses to the Signature of Peter M'Lagan.)

ED. MELDRUM.
GEO. SIMPSON.

(DAVID CULBERT, (Witness), JAMES CALDER, (Witness) - Witnesses to the Signatures of Edward Meldrum and George Simpson).)

The Edinburgh Gazette, 27th June, 1871.

 

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.