<<< BACK to previous page

Oil Companies

 

 

Navigation

 

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Companies & Works > Scottish Oil Companies > Oakbank Oil Co. Ltd. (1868)

Oakbank Oil Co. Ltd. (1868)

Constitution Limited company
Company number Registered in Scotland No. 303
Share capital £40,000
Date of Incorporation 2nd March 1869
Date of Dissolution 6th January 1886
Registered Office 54 Miller Street, Glasgow (4th March 1869); 128 Ingram Street, Glasgow (1st June 1877); 224 Ingram Street, Glasgow (6th September 1882)
Oil Works Oakbank Paraffin Oil Works

A limited company, formed to acquire the business and property of the Midcalder Mineral Oil Co Ltd., which rebuilt and substantially extended Oakbank oil Works, refinery and Oakbank shale pit. The company's first Chairman, Robert Fraser, was a Glasgow merchant with a range of business interests, including ownership of the Drumcrosshall oil works and an engineering works in Bathgate. He was succeeded by Alexander. C. Kirk. in 1879

The company's progress was often limited by the supply of shale from Oakbank pit, and prospected for new sources of shale at Drumcrosshall and North Cobbinshaw without success. The company was dissolved in 1886 following the creation of a new company, also named the Oakbank Oil Co. Ltd., to raise additional capital and take forward the business

 

Directors

Property

Records

Resources

 

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.