<<< BACK to previous page

Oil Companies

 

 

Navigation

 

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Companies & Works > Scottish Oil Companies > E. Meldrum & Co.

E. Meldrum & Co.

Constitution Copartnership
Date of Formation Operations commenced circa 1850
Date of Dissolution Partnership dissolved 31st December 1864
Office Craignestock, Glasgow?
Oil Works Bathgate Chemical Works

One of three partnerships formed to operate Bathgate chemical works and associated business interests exploiting Young's patent, (the others being James Young & Co. and E.W. Binney & Co.) The firm of E. Meldrum appears to have been used mainly for marketing of oils, with offices at Craignestock in Glasgow

Partners

Property

References

PARTNERSHIP DISSOLVED - Bathgate Chemical Works, December 31, 1864.

THE Copartnership hitherto subsisting between the Subscribers, the sole Partners, in the business of Paraffine Oil and Paraffine Manufacturers, &c., at Bathgate, Glasgow, and elsewhere, under the Firms of E. W. BINNEY & CO., and E. MELDRUM & CO., respectively, Expires this day, and is now DISSOLVED. The business will in future be carried on by Mr Young on his own account, and he is authorised to collect all outstanding debts and discharge all outstanding liabilities of the Copartnership now Dissolved.

JAMES YOUNG.
ED. MELDRUM.
EDW. WM. BINNEY.

JOHN GAIR, Writer, Falkirk, Witness. ALEX. BIRNIE, Book-keeper, Bathgate Works, Witness.

The Edinburgh Gazette, 3rd January 1865

 

E. Meldrum & Co. (2).

Constitution Copartnership
Date of Formation Operations commenced circa 1866
Date of Dissolution Partnership dissolved on 1st May 1871 on formation of the Uphall Mineral Oil Company Ltd)
Office Operations based at Boghall, Bathgate, Linlithgowshire
Oil Works Boghall Crude Oil Workss

The firm of E. Meldrum & Company was subsequently used as a title for the partnership of Meldrum & Simpson; proprietors of the Boghall Oil Works. The firm was dissolved in 1871 on formation of the Uphall Mineral Oil Co. Ltd.

 

Partners

Property

References

THE Copartnery heretofore existing under the Name or Firm of E. MELDRUM & COMPANY, trading as Manufacturers of Mineral Oil at Boghall, of which the Subscribers were the sole Partners, was DISSOLVED on the 1st day of May 1871, when the Business and Works of the Company were transferred to the Uphall Mineral Oil Company, Limited.

E. MELDRUM.
GEO. SIMPSON.

The Edinburgh Gazette, 27th June 1871

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.