<<< BACK to previous page

Oil Companies

 

 

Navigation

 

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Companies & Works > Scottish Oil Companies > James Liddell & Co.

James Liddell & Co.

Constitution Copartnership
Date of Formation 1870 or earlier
Date of Dissolution Dissolved 1880 upon the formation of Walkinshaw Oil Company Ltd
Office 37 Houston St., Glasgow
Oil works East Fulton Shale Oil Works and Broxburn (Hallfarm) Oil Works

James Liddell & Co., of 37 Houston St. Glasgow are listed in valuation rolls as proprietors of both Hallfarm oil works in Broxburn (between c.1870 and c.1877), and East Fulton oil works in Renfrewshire (between c.1873 and 1880). The office address seems to be a private address, listed in Post Office directories as home to Mrs Margaret Bowman and Mrs Dobie. The Renfrewshire interests of the company were merged into the Walkinshaw Oil Co. Ltd. in 1880.

 

Partners

Property

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.