<<< BACK to previous page

Oil Companies

 

 

Navigation

Knowledge

A Recognised Collection of National Importance

Home > Companies & Works > Scottish Oil Companies > Cityside Coal & Oil Co.

Cityside Coal & Oil Co.

Constitution Co- partnership
Date of Formation Operations commenced c. 1866
Date of Dissolution Operations ceased c. 1868
Office uncertain
Oil works Hareshaw Oil Works

Cityside Coal & Oil Company is thought to be the trading name of the partnership of J Bell and J Hamilton, proprietors of Hareshaw Oil Works, also known as Cityside Oil Works. Valuation roles list Cityside Coal & Oil Company as proprietors in 1867 and 1868. From 1869 to 1883, the proprietors are listed as Hamilton, McCulloch & Company, although the works were noted as "not working" from 1883.

Partners

Property

Resources

creative commons

We are happy to licence use of many images, extracts, and other resources of this website under a Creative Commons attribution, non-commercial licence (Scotland). See full copyright statement. Such material should be attributed to Almond Valley Heritage Trust and, where practical, a hyperlink provided to www.scottishshale.co.uk.